It’s closet month friends and I am so excited to send you into March with a little inspiration and a little less clothes. As Spring rolls around I am more inclined than ever to curate a simpler closet and let go of anything that isn’t supporting my best life. With a new goal of cutting back on spending and committing to shopping my own closet, I’m starting off the month with my yearly purge. I’m letting go of anything that I don’t love, need or wear.
I’m determined to create a capsule collection that’s a reflection of my goals and professional aspirations for 2020. As we grow into new seasons of our lives, so do our surroundings, so why not take this time to revisit this space alongside me. Follow along all month as we talk all things closet, with special guest Shira Gill, and another post in our sustainability series by Larkin Gayl.
Are you ready to tackle step one of the Simply Spaced Method: SIMPLIFY? Here’s a list of 15 Things to Let go of Now: Closet Edition:
15 Things to Let go of Now
1. Stained or destroyed clothes
2. Faded items (and not in that cool way)
3. Any uncomfortable clothes and shoes
4. Hand-me-downs you don’t love
5. “Someday I’ll lose the weight” clothes
6. High-maintenance items (things that take too much time to clean, iron, and fuss over)
7. Socks without a match
8. The jeans from when you were 19
9. Bras that don’t fit
10. Jewelry and gifts from your ex
11. Broken jewelry
12. Costume jewelry (give it to your kids)
13. Hats with sweat stains
14. Wire hangers
15. Not enoughness
For more inspiration, the method, and 15 Things to Let go of Now in each space in your home, check out my new book “Simply Spaced, Clear the Clutter and Style Your Life” Now available on Amazon!