A friend once told me that had it not been for a professional organizer, she was prepared to move out of her apartment due to a lack of space. The pro offered her simple ways to rethink her small apartment and maximize those overlooked areas for extra storage. Here’s peek at some kick-ass space solutions for you to try out at home, just like a pro.
1. Clever Cleaning Closet: I love this maxed out space! Keeping all your clean-up supplies together, makes life so much easier. Here, affixing additional storage to the back door of a utility closet makes organizing supplies a synch. via bhg
Here’s what you’ll need:
- affix-able storage compartments
- hooks of your choosing
- a plastic bag dispenser
- a mountable paper towel holder
- catch all basket
Bonus points: Mount two paper towel holders if you have extra room. Use the second one to store your trash bags!
2. Fridge Benefits: Whether you have built-in storage or a dead space that collects dust, rethinking the area above your fridge can be hugely advantageous. Great for the vertical storage of baking sheets, cutting boards, cookbooks and lids, the over-the-fridge possibilities are endless. Think crates, wire baskets, bins or shelf risers, depending on your space. via A Bibliophile at Home
Bonus points: Use a file organizer to stack your baking sheets and cutting boards if you don’t have built-ins.
3. Deck the Walls: Especially in the kitchen, walls can be a quick space saver for everything from coffee cups to pots and pans. A simple, wall mounted shelf with hooks, frees up cabinet space for larger, less frequently used items. via Nationwide
Bonus points: Consider tossing bulky knife blocks and replacing them with a wall mounted, magnetic knife rack. I found this one on Etsy and fell in love. via CoffeeDeimDryGoods
4. A Real Sleeping Beauty: Under the bed Storage! You can find a million DIY tricks for sleeping storage online, including rolling carts made from crates, and dresser drawers turned storage crates, but utilizing this overlooked area is key no matter how you do it. We like this easy, simply designed pull-out storage system from IKEA. Think sweater, blanket, shoe and even photo storage.
5. More with the Door: Whether it’s hanging shoes and hats in the bedroom, or spices and cleaning supplies in the kitchen, the over-the-door option is a must for maximizing space. I love this clean lined shoe rack for extra storage in my entryway closet. via atgstores
What space solutions are you rocking in your home? Share below!